Durja is a clean, elegant yet powerful premium WordPress Theme for your personal or a business blog. As mentioned in other documentation, we support 5 different post formats in Durja. You can create a standard blog post or you can use Durja to create video, audio, status or a gallery post type. If you want to know more, please visit ‘Durja – Premium WordPress Blog Theme‘. In this documentation, we will learn how to create a gallery blog post.
If you want to read more about Post Formats, please visit this link & read ‘What is Post Formats’ section.
What is a gallery blog post?
Gallery post is a post format which we use to create a blog post with image/photo gallery embedded within a blog. You can see a gallery post on this demo link. On this link, we have a gallery with image slider as a post thumbnail instead of an image. You can play this slider even from a home page without going to the blog post. In this demo link, we have embedded a slider of 4 different images. You can click on previous, next buttons to navigate through the slider.
How to create such gallery blog post with Durja WordPress Theme?
Follow these steps to create a gallery post:
- Login to WordPress admin dashboard.
- Go to Posts > Add New.
- On ‘Add New Post’ screen: Select ‘Gallery’ radio button in ‘Format’ meta box displayed on the right sidebar.
- When you select ‘Gallery’ radio button as shown in step 3, a new meta box (Gallery Post Metabox) will appear below our main text editor. If you don’t see new meta box appearing, check this link.
- Upload/Select images you want to display in a slider. You can press & hold ‘control’ key for selecting multiple images.
- Add other post information like title, your post content, category, tags etc.
- Click on Publish button.
Your gallery blog post will be published.