Durja is a powerful WordPress blog theme, It supports 5 different post formats. You can create a standard blog post or you can use Durja to create video, audio, status or a gallery post type. If you want to know more, please visit ‘Durja – Premium WordPress Blog Theme‘. In this documentation, we will learn how to create a video blog post.
What is post format?
Post format is a theme feature introduced by WordPress with its version 3.1. It is an extra piece of meta-information stored with the post so that it can be used by our WordPress theme to customize the post’s look & feel. In short, Durja used this information to know more & to customize about the blog post. WordPress can support different post formats. With Durja, we are supporting Audio, Video, Gallery, Status & Standard post format.
What is video blog post?
Video is a post format which we use to create a video blog post. You can see a video post on this demo link. On this link, we have a video as a post thumbnail instead of an image. You can play this video even from a home page without going to the blog post.
How to create such blog post with Durja?
Follow these steps to create a video post:
- Login to WordPress admin dashboard.
- Go to Posts > Add New.?
- On ‘Add New Post’ screen: Select ‘Video’ radio button in ‘Format’ meta box?displayed on the right sidebar.
- When you select ‘Video’ radio button as shown in step 3, a new meta box (Video Post Metabox) will appear below our main text editor. If you don’t see new meta box appearing, check this link.
- Enter link of your video into the text box as displayed here:?
- Add other post information like title, your post content, category, tags etc.
- Click on Publish button.
Your video blog post will be published.