Shuban is a powerful WordPress blog theme, It show feature post section on homepage. In this documentation, we will learn how to display a featured post section.
What is feature post?
As we all know, the standard way of displaying posts in WordPress is to have them ordered chronologically one below the other. However, if we take a look at some of the most popular sites on the web, we’ll see that this may not be the most effective approach. These days, almost every mainstream site uses some kind of a featured posts/content section. Why? Well, there are probably many reasons, but I can only guess that the main one is to make their popular content even more popular, or to point out a piece of content that is likely to be important to the average visitor.
How to display feature post section?
Follow these steps to create a featured section:
- Login to WordPress admin dashboard.
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Featured Posts Settings in the WordPress menu .
- Select perticular category from dropdown list or leave for display post of all category.
- Enter the number post to be display in the featured post slider.
- If you can want perticular post display in featured slider. you can enter post IDs with seperated comma.
- Click on the Save & Publish button to save your changes.